Every little girl dreams of standing in front of the mirror and doing what mommy does every day. And then we grow up and we often dread the daily routine of standing in front of the mirror every morning and every night. It can be tempting to skip certain parts altogether. However, the importance of daily skin care regimen should not be ignored. It is vital to maintaining healthy, young looking skin.
Incorporating a daily skin care routine into your daily schedule can be difficult if you are not used to it. However, it can become habit to wash your face every morning and every night. Practiced consistently, it becomes second nature to reach for the astringent and moisturizer so that your skin is never neglected. If you have not already recognized the importance of daily skincare regimen, it is not too late.
Once you realize the importance of daily skin care regimen, it can be difficult to know where to start in implementing a routine. A sample routine may look something like this:
- Wash face with an appropriate cleanser. This may be done in the shower.
- Apply astringent with a cotton ball.
- Apply a light, daily wear moisturizer that has an SPF of at least 15.
- Apply make-up
- Wash face with an appropriate cleanser. This may be the same cleanser that is used in the morning.
- Use make-up remover where necessary to ensure none is left on the face. Often it is necessary to use an eye make-up remover, as some water proof types are not easily removed with standard facial cleansers.
- Apply night cream.
These steps will differ for each individual, but these are a good starting point for someone who is not used to taking care of their skin on a daily basis.
It takes at least two weeks to create a habit. Be consistent and make adjustments to help you stay on task. Recognizing the importance of daily skin care regimen is only the first step. Action must be taken. Your new skin care routine may add a few minutes to your day, so if need be, set your alarm five minutes early for a couple of weeks. It can also be helpful to leave the necessary products out in the open rather than in a cabinet or drawer. The old adage “out of sight out of mind” applies here, and you will be more likely to remember to use your skin care products if you can see them.